Sunday, April 25, 2010

Wok With You

LOCATION: 300 Park Point Drive Rochester, NY
TYPE OF FOOD: Asian
REVIEW: The name of a restaurant can be a large indicator of what food the place serves and/or what the food is like and/or what the service is like. If a place has a title like, "Terrific Bites!", then the service are probably something similar to some cocky jerk you had to work with for a science project in sixth grade (and he kept saying, "OH! This is SO right! Aren't I SO smart?"). If a place's name is similar to "Mexican Food", then the place serves Mexican food, and the manager is very, very, VERY lonely. But if the place's name is a Michael Jackson reference... walk through the door.

After a little bit I reached my seat. The server handed me a menu, which happened to be the menu with the lunch specials. I went down a few foods, finding nothing. Finally I found chicken with broccoli. I continued on, trying to find my favorite Chinese food, chow foon (not chow fun, fun is an adjective to describe an experience, not a food), but alas, they did not have it. So I ended up ordering the chicken with broccoli, with brown rice.

The food was so hot that it burned my mouth a little. However, once it cooled down, it was delicious. The rice matched the main entree perfectly. I ate the entire thing. It also had some other vegetables in it, and then went along with it quite smoothly. After about twenty minutes of happy eating, I got up, grabbed a magnet (which had the address, hours, etc.), and left.

SERVICE: The service was nice (as for 90% of the other places I go to). However, when I sat down and decided my order, I waited about ten minutes for the server to come over. They were quite busy, though, so I cannot hold this against them. They also seemed from time to time disappear into a room in the back, which I believe is a kitchen...

ATMOSPHERE: Asian music was playing in the dining room, loud enough so that you can hear it, but quiet enough so that you can hear the person to the left of you talk about the lazy river that is on the nearby RIT campus (Rochester Institute of Technology, yes it is a college, and yes it has a lazy river). On the floor is (quite visible) footprints and some trash on the floor. Sadly no servers seemed to notice it, and no one sadly cleaned it up.

PRICE: The price is fine. 5 people can be fed with 50 dollars, but that is two appetizers and everyone ordering entrees. Every lunch special comes with rice, except for noodles. As long as you don't have a craving for octopus, you'll stay under your budget.

RATING: Wok With You is a great restaurant. As long as you keep your eyes off the floor (and somewhat the check), you'll live. Just make sure you can get the references (after this go to Rochester and eat it, eat it, eat it). Wok With You gets a five out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment