Sunday, April 11, 2010

King's Famous Roast Beef & Seafood

LOCATION: 145 North Street Salem, MA 01970
TYPE OF FOOD: Sandwiches/Seafood
REVIEW: The first time you enter King's, you might not be so excited as I was. In the entire place there is only three tables, a large counter, and one of the biggest menu boards I have ever seen. But for me, it was amazing.

It was only my fourth time there, but I was excited. Because it is April, tourists are not pouring into Salem as they do in October. In fact there were very few people there considering the time (12:45). I walked up and ordered my sandwich-a Super Beef (on onion roll) with lettuce and onion-and asked for tap water also. Probably 5 minutes passed before I got it, and sat down.

As I turned back the foil surrounding the sandwich, I knew I was into something good. The sandwich was overflowing with meat and veggies. Biting into it was absolutely heavenly. The meat was fresh, warm, and the vegetables added to the carnival of flavor. I ate it slowly, savoring every last crumb. Finally it was finished, and I got up, threw away the trash, walked to the door, grabbed a take-out menu, and left.

SERVICE: The service was nice, and did not take much time taking my order. He simply turned around and shouted "Super with lettuce and onion". After literally five minutes (whew, they're fast!), he gave me the sandwich on a paper plate.

ATMOSPHERE: Like I said before, the atmosphere is not a five star French restaurant. There are no rugs, no elaborate tablecloths, and no napkins on the lap. It's not messy, just not 100% clean. It's fine, but not mind-blowing. And it's a takeout place. You take your sandwich and leave.

PRICE: How's 5.50 sound for a sandwich overflowing with meat and vegetables? How about 8.99 for that sandwich, plus fries, onion rings and salad? Yeah, I think it's the right amount of food, for the right price.

RATING: King's is a place that you would most likely miss driving by on your way to see animatronic witches. But if you are able to catch this place on your way into the Witch City, you'll be left with a belly full of meat and a vow to come back. King's Famous Roast Beef & Seafood gets a five out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment