Wednesday, April 14, 2010

La Rotisserie

LOCATION: 17 Boylston Street Chestnut Hill, MA
TYPE OF FOOD: "Authentic French Style Roasting" (according to the take-out menu)
REVIEW: As I drove towards La Rotisserie, I had to point out the unfortunate location in where the place was. I passed by three other places (one of which was a Legal Seafood's), each with different cuisines-all within about three miles. This place was in a strip mall, with a movie theater, a kid's hair cut place, a Star Market, and a bakery. But finally I got through the door marked with different names of meats.

There was a line when I got in there. And this place is narrow. Very, very narrow. Three average size people would barely stand right behind one another right-to-left in this place. When I finally got to a person behind the counter, I stated my order-a half chicken plate-and the two sides that came with it-roasted potatoes and steamed vegetables-. The person put it on a plastic plate divided into three parts. I asked for tap water, and sat down.

The potatoes were first. I had a few potatoes, noticing that they had onions with them. I then went for the chicken. The chicken clearly was roasted and plenty juicy. I'm not sure if they put seasoning on it, but if they did, it was a good addition. I ate the chicken quickly as if someone was about to steal it. I then went for the vegetables. They really were nothing special. No seasoning, no oil, nothing. I went back for the potatoes, finished them, threw the trash away, and walked out the meat-named door.

SERVICE: The major problem of the place. I saw a person behind the counter clearly roll his eyes at an order. As I was eating, I saw a worker with something in his mouth. I realized that that something was gum. He was chewing gum. I was shocked. Do I need to say anything else? If Gordon Ramsey was there, do you think he would have gotten an earful? As a word of advice, make sure to check your mashed potatoes.

ATMOSPHERE: Nothing of note. It was clean, I guess. But nothing, absolutely nothing, to note. Besides bathrooms. No bathrooms. And a mysterious section of the place towards the back. 65% of the back is taken up by some room, blocked from floor to about three feet from the ceiling....

PRICE: My meal was $9.95. It's a good amount of food, for that price. A one side meal is between $6.50 and $8.25, depending on the main meat (or if you get the vegetarian plate).

RATING: The food is not to miss. If you don't like seafood, Chinese, burgers, cookies, or pommes frites, go here. But try to limit your time with the service. Because they might roll your eyes at you. Or gum could fall in your mashed potatoes. Just saying. La Rotisserie gets a four out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment