Friday, April 23, 2010

Staybridge Suites Breakfast Buffet

LOCATION: Rochester, NY (no exact location, although it is a hotel)
TYPE OF FOOD: Breakfast (American)
REVIEW: There are certain things that are interesting to smell in hotels. For instance, when I entered the hotel for the first time, I smelled instantly pool water. The smell of certain hotel soaps can be either a pleasant experience or an experience similar to meeting Carrot Top (do I need to say anything?). But one thing stuck in my mind as I walked towards the elevator doors on my floor. I smelled bacon-from four floors up.

The buffet was near the corner of what is called "the Great Room". There was very little options, even though I read something in my room saying, "... at the buffet you'll see somethings out of the ordinary." Well, let's see this assorted table spread: eggs, sausages, potatoes, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, bread. Even the pickiest eater will find something!

The eggs were most likely sitting for quite a bit of time. They were average, but edible. The bread was fine, but I think that was sitting, too. The fruit was old. Once again, it was still edible, but a word of advice to hotel managers: don't serve five days plus old fruit. Finally, after finishing an elderly orange, I got up, left the room(?), went to the elevator, and went it reached the fourth floor, walked to my room.

SERVICE: The only service person there was a 60's plus woman. While she was nice, she was clearly a bit crabby. In fact I went for my food when she was not around. I found an unused cup and placed it back. She then threw it away. I think she might be afraid of germs.

ATMOSPHERE: There is really nothing of note here. The floors were clean, but this is a hotel-the floors have to be clean. Other than that, the atmosphere failed to impress. Because there was absolutely nothing else. Not even music.

PRICE: The breakfast was free. That's it. No jokes. No references. Just one solitary fact that is used in every hotel, motel, and inn in the United States. That's that.

RATING: With mediocre food, one crabby service person, and no atmosphere, the only saving grace is the price. But if it cost one cent, I wouldn't even stare at it for a brief period of time (if I did, I would then say, "My eyes, my eyes!). Staybridge Suites breakfast buffet gets a two out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment